Know the signsIf you or someone close is suffering
Take a self assessment
We’ve collected the following list of questions to help you better determine if you or someone you know may be vulnerable to developing a gambling problem. In no way is the following considered diagnostic, psychological, or medical advice. Many people who have reached out to gambling help lines have answered “yes” to one or more of the following questions:
- Gambling beyond one’s means
- Not being able to pay bills due to gambling losses
- Staying home from work to play at an online casino or betting site
- Feeling frustrated on days when one isn’t gambling
- A constant need to increase the amount of money used to gamble to reach the same levels of fulfilment and excitement
- The feeling of chasing losses, trying to win back the money that has been lost as soon as possible.
- Gambling in order to escape from unpleasantries or stress of life
- Failed attempts to stop gambling in the past
- The feeling of anger or frustration when reducing the gambling budget
- Trying to win back lost money by increasing the size or frequency of the wage
- Lying about the amount of money or time that is spent gambling
- Hiding one’s gambling from significant others
- Being careless about the well-being of your family
- Putting gambling above one’s family, friends or other interests
- Lying, borrowing, stealing or committing fraud to get money to gamble
- Being reluctant to spend ‘gambling money’ on anything else
- Gambling has ruined a personal relationship or an occupational or educational opportunity
- Arguments, frustrations or disappointments create the need to gamble more
- Depressive or even suicidal feelings during or after gambling
If you have answered “yes” to any of the questions above, we recommend that you reach out to our player support team or to one of the support organisations listed here.
We have a team of genuinely caring and well-trained staff who are available 24/7 through our onsite chat at www.casumo.com or by email at [email protected]. All you need to do is reach out and let us know you’re struggling and we’ll take it from there.